Board of Trustees
The Redford Township District Library is governed by a 7-member Board of Trustees. Five Trustees are appointed by Redford Township; the Redford Union Schools and the South Redford Schools each appoint one Library Trustee. Board members serve 4-year terms.
The Library Board is authorized to:
- Adopt bylaws and rules for the Board’s governance
- Maintain control over the Library building and grounds
- Control the expenditure of all Library funds
- Appoint and supervise a Library Director
- Approve an annual budget
- Adopt policies, rules, and regulations regarding use of the Library.
The Library Board acts as the public trustee of the Library. The community entrusts the Library’s welfare to the Board and expects the Board to keep the library running correctly. The Board also has the responsibility to see that adequate funding is provided.
Library Board meetings are generally held in the Library Meeting Room on the third Monday of each month, September through June, at 4:00 p.m. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend. A current schedule of meeting dates can be found here.
Unapproved meeting minutes are posted in the Library within 8 business days. Approved minutes can be found here.